CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 16, 2009

4 Month Check-Up and FOOD!












D went to his four month check-up today with Dr. Magill, whom I absolutely love. She is a wonderful doctor and always takes lots of time to answer my questions. D is now weighing in at 19 pounds, 9 ounces and 27 inches long. That puts him in the 95 percentile for both height and weight- a big, healthy boy! One of my final questions that I asked Dr. Magill was when should we start D on "real" food. She asked if he shows an interest in food when we eat--- well, he watches everything! He puts anything and everything into his mouth (apparently, we can look forward to teething in the next few months). So, after talking to the doctor, Daniel had his first rice cereal this evening! That picture of D with me feeding him is his actual first bite of food ever. He loved it! I sat on the floor with him in his bouncy chair, and he ate his cereal like a champ--- smiling and talking to me throughout his dinner. He got messy (check out the before and after photos), but by the end of it, he was doing a great job of opening his mouth and taking in the spoon- just got to watch out for those sneezes that spray the cereal everywhere! He's a great sleeper, but I think he may sleep even better tonight. Next week we may introduce him to a new veggie... he's not quite ready for the steak that he was eyeing tonight.

1 comments:

sara said...

he's getting so big! looks like he's loving the cereal. hope you are all doing well!

love
sara