CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 18, 2008

Santa and the Ultrasound




We had an exciting weekend! Matt's mom and grandmother came over from Louisiana to spend some time with us. We had a great visit. One of the highlights was probably the 3D/4D ultrasound. We all (plus my mom) went to Images from the Womb to have the ultrasound. We pull into the parking lot, and as we walk into the building, we notice a red sports car with a vanity licence plate: MRYCRMS (or something like that). We guessed that the car must have been a Christmas present. When we walked into the office, we realized we were mistaken. Apparently, Santa's other ride besides a sleigh is a red convertible for there behind the counter was Santa Claus. He quickly took us back to the room. We spent about an hour looking at Daniel on a nice flat screen tv. And when I say looking at Daniel, we mostly saw his hands. For most of the time, he had one or both of his hands near his face, blocking out a full face picture. As you can see in one picture, he played peekaboo with us. He also had his back to my belly button, facing my back, with his legs pulled up, so we didn't get it verified that it was boy. The elf, err... nurse, who gave me my 20 week ultrasound was very certain that it was a boy, so I'm holding onto that! Santa gave me an icepack to put on my stomach, in the hopes that it would make Daniel uncomfortable enough to move positions. He takes after both of his parents, though, and was pretty laid back-- no big movements! I ended up poking him, and right at the very last minute, he moved his hand to the very side of his face, so we ended up with a few good pictures of him. It was truly amazing- we got to see him yawn and everything. He looks like such a little man! It's hard to believe that in less than 8 weeks, he'll be here with us. I just hope he decides to put his hands down before then!

1 comments:

Jessie said...

Hi Megan and Matt and NICE TO MEET YOU DANIEL!
I'll be subscribing to see the little man soon!
All my love and fingers crossed for a comfortable last weeks, Love
Jessie